Home » , , » Closet Confidential With Cara McLeay

Closet Confidential With Cara McLeay

This edition of 'Closet Confidential' features stunning style blogger Cara McLeay from Vancouver, Canada. Cara shares her effortlessly chic and sophisticated style, along with an impressive collection of shoes on her blog, A Fashion Love Affair. Read on as she gives us an insight to her personal love affair with bags, heels and classic yet contemporary clothes.






Describe your personal style

It is hard to pin-point my style because I love to try new things and switch it up on a regular basis-but I can say that I like classic, simple pieces, layering and adding jewellery or pops of color to make an outfit interesting.



What is your most treasured item of clothing?

My sister bought me my first DVF wrap dress for Christmas this year...it is definitely a favorite!



Most extravagant fashion purchase

I recently just purchased my first Coach bag...



What is the easiest way to accessorize an outfit?

I am a big fan of simple bracelets (Leah Alexandra's "Erin" Bracelet is a perfect one to stack up without looking over the top) or a statement necklace. You can also never go wrong with a great pair of sunglasses (My favorite right now are Karen Walker's "Perfect Day" sunglasses) or a great quality bag



What beauty products do you always carry with you?

Lip gloss is my only must!





What designer items are on your fashion wish list?
I am currently lusting after a Celine Luggage Bag, Alexander Wang Stella Heels and the Acne ‘Malakit’ Leather skirt.



You are widely admired by other bloggers for your glossy locks. Do you have any hair styling (or hair care) tips to share with us?
I dye my hair, which can make it super dry. To prevent breakage I make sure to use a deep conditioner once a week that has Keratin in it (structural proteins that help repair the hair) Right now I am using Joice K-PAK Bio-Restorative Treatment, and I use Moroccan Oil daily to keep my hair looking shiny and healthy.







Favourite shade of lipstick/lipgloss?

I prefer natural shades, nothing with sparkles...peach/coral/light pink




Who are your personal style icons?

I am inspired by so many people-other bloggers including Blair from Atlantic-Pacific and Jules from Sincerely Jules, as well as starlets such as Mary-Kate and Ashely Olsen, Kate Moss, Olivia Palermo and Clémence Poésy, to name a few...


If you won the fashion lotto, at which designer store would you chose to spend it?

Tough question! It would be a tie between Chanel, Celine, Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant




What are some of your closet staples? 

Plain V-Neck Tees (my favorite are by James Perse), Jeans, Pointed Pumps, A Leather Jacket, A Trench, A Great Bag, Big Sunglasses, and a dainty, everyday necklace.




Your Biggest Fashion Do

Having fun with fashion



Your Biggest Fashion Don't

Wearing clothes that don't fit



Fabulous fashion advice?

Know your body, find clothes that look fabulous on you and be comfortable and confident everywhere you go!






*Special Thanks to Cara for partaking in this interview and for the use of her photographs. This is an automatically scheduled post.







Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Fashion Naturally - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger