Best selling author Regina Brett became an internet sensation when she wrote a list of 45 lessons life had taught her. Ten years on and these lessons continue to light up inboxes around the world. Here are a few that have inspired me.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
4. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
6. Get rid of anything that isn't beautiful, useful or joyful.
7. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
8. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
9. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
10. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
11. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
12. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
13. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
14. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
Wishing you a lovely long weekend,
Filled with stacks of chocolate Easter eggs!